Mornings are the best time of the day. Ha! Whoever said that didn’t have to get kids off to the bus or carpool to deal with. They obviously didn’t have to rush to the office for an early meeting. Tired of running out of the house in the mornings, already sweaty, then realizing you’ve forgotten something when you reach the office? Over yelling at the kids “hurry up! We’re late!” every day? Wishing your mornings could be a peaceful start to the day? You can make mornings peaceful and stop the morning rush. I’ve done it-and I am as far from a morning person as you can get. Ask my friends.
Make Mornings Peaceful: Stop the Morning Rush
Your Morning Starts the Night Before
- Make the lunches.
- Your lunch. The kids lunches. The lunches should be ready to grab from the refrigerator.
- Organize your pantry so your kids can help make their own lunches. A section where bags of Goldfish, healthy granola bars, and boxes of raisins are located.
- Your teenagers can make their own lunches. Trust me. That alone will make mornings peaceful!
- Prepare the backpacks and briefcases
- Part of the nightly routine should be checking that homework is in the backpack (or gym clothes or signed permission slips etc.) There is no time for this in the morning.
- Look at your briefcase, computer bag, etc. Do you have what you need ready to go?
- Check tomorrow’s schedule so there will be no surprises about what needs to be done
Consider the car
- Some things can be placed in the car the night before. Wouldn’t it be nice to just walk out the door in the a.m.?
- Lunches that do not need to be refrigerated
- Returns and other errand items like library books
- Make sure your car has enough gas to get you where you need to go for the day
- Keep certain items in your car just in case, and to make your life easier
- paper towels
- small garbage bags
- hand sanitizer
Make Breakfast Easy
Gone are the days when the entire family ate breakfast together, plates full of pancakes and bacon. Breakfasts these days need to be fast and easy. If you prefer to avoid processed breakfast foods, consider making one of these recipes on Sunday and having a healthy breakfast ready for the week ahead.
- Nutritious breakfast bars
- Baked oatmeal to go (Brilliant!)
- Overnight oats(There are SO many good recipes for these. Plus you get to make them in cute Mason Jars!!)
- Crockpot oatmeal
- Poached or hard-boiled eggs (incredibly easy with an egg cooker. Takes care of breakfast while you put your makeup on)
- Egg muffins
Finally, have a way to relax before bed, even if only for 15 minutes. A good night’s sleep will have you ready to wake up with plenty of time to get out the door.
Planning makes perfect, I always say. With just a little planning you can make your mornings peaceful and stop the morning rush. Ensure that your mornings proceed without panic. Stressed is no way to start the day.Stressed is no way to start the day. Click To Tweet
Here’s to happy mornings for you and your entire family!
Other Planning Posts You’ll Love:
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I will receive a small payment-at no increased cost to you. This helps me keep my blog running. Thank you!